Last updated at 11:31, Friday, 28 September 2012
Car roof ripped off in crash
THE roof was ripped off a Mitsubishi car when it collided with a BMW on the A595 at Egremont just after midday on Sunday.
Firefighters released two people from the wreckage, using specialist cutting equipment to free one of them. Four casualties, including two children who were passengers in the BMW, were taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven. Their injuries were not life threatening.
The road was closed for almost two hours.
Walker in fall
A WALKER in his seventies was flown to hospital after he fell around 15ft while out walking.
Wasdale Mountain Rescue Team was alerted on Friday after two passers-by spotted the casualty at Piers Gill on Scafell Pike. He suffered minor injuries to his head and shoulder and a significant chest injury.
Rescuers put the man into a vacuum mattress before he was winched into a Royal Navy Sea King helicopter which flew him to West Cumberland Hospital.
A VACUUM cleaner which overheated was the cause of a small fire at Moor Row on Monday. Crews were called to a property at Penzance Street, where the fire was confined to an understairs cupboard.
A COMMERCIAL premises on Cleator Moor’s Leconfield Industrial Estate was broken into overnight on September 18/19 and tools were stolen.
First published at 11:06, Thursday, 27 September 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- What's On Guide: July 2 to 8
- Beckermet Nursery Fun Day
- School Country Dance Event
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- M-Sport's Ryan is engineering success story
- VIDEO: On track for Workington's new leisure centre (2 comments)
- Moorside nuclear reactor plans on show
- Firm plugs into £2m deal for Workington's new sports centre (2 comments)
- Continental market to visit Workington (1 comment)
- New beauty treatment rooms open at Cumbrian hotel
- West Cumbria wins at tourism awards
- Agency and consultancy link-up to offer one-stop-shop
- Wigton's Innovia lands order from Russian chocolates firm
- New finance director for Britain's Energy Coast
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Woman dies after falling from Cumbrian fell
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Cumbrian mother admits child neglect