Last updated at 12:18, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Drugs seized in police raids
CANNABIS with a street value of more than £4,000 was seized from a property in Haverigg.
Officers raided three addresses in Palmers Lane and Fairfield Road, in Millom, and Bank Head, in Haverigg, on Wednesday morning last week.
Approximately three quarters of a kilogramme of cannabis was seized at the Bank Head property. Police said the amount of the drug had a street value in excess of £4,000.
Three local men, aged 21, 22 and 40, and a 45-year-old woman from Milnthorpe were arrested in connection with the raids.
ARSONISTS have been blamed for a fire in the old British Telecom building in Preston Street, Whitehaven.
Firefighters had to wear dust masks and decontaminate their equipment afterwards because the derelict two-storey building contained toxic asbestos.
No nearby homes were evacuated. Firefighters were called at 4.45pm on Sunday and were at the scene for more than hour.
They say damage was limited and the police are investigating.
A CAR was damaged after would-be thieves tried to break into it.
The SEAT Ibiza was targeted while parked at Keekle Terrace, Cleator Moor, between 6pm on April 20 and 8am the following morning.
Failed to stop
POLICE officers are investigating a fail-to-stop car crash at Bransty, Whitehaven.
A Vauxhall Astra had its bumper damaged while parked on Earls Road between 7pm on April 19 and 9am the following day. The offending motorist failed to stop.
CAR batteries have been stolen from a compound at Frizington tip. The theft from the Yeathouse Road site happened overnight on April 18/19.
A BB gun is thought to have been used to damage the windscreen of a car in Millom.
A Volkswagen Passat was hit while parked at Queens Park on April 19. Pellets and a target were found at the scene.
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- What's On Guide: September 18 to 24
- Copeland School Reception Classes 2014
- Family’s pride in warrior who refused to give up
- Copeland leader backs single council for whole of Cumbria (5 comments)
- The bikers’ manifesto: Lembit Opik rides into town (1 comment)
- Police seek Moor Row flasher
- Whitehaven to get one town council (4 comments)
- Sarah brings mountains down to size
- Cleator Moor to be a creative hub of C-Art
- Progress for new £10bn Moorside development (2 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)