Last updated at 12:16, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Man injured in car crash
A MAN was injured in a crash on the St Bees to Beckermet coast road on Friday night.
Fire crews and ambulance were called to the scene shortly before midnight to help release the man from his car.
No other vehicles were involved. The man was treated at the scene by ambulance crews and was not believed to be seriously injured.
Man hit vehicle
POLICE are appealing for information after a car was damaged in Egremont.
Officers say a man staggered along Chaucer Avenue, hit a vehicle and disappeared onto the estate. The incident happened at around 1.40am on March 31.
The suspect is described as a white male in his thirties who was wearing a white t-shirt and dark shorts. Contact police with information on 101.
VANDALS have damaged a silver vehicle parked on Church Street, Whitehaven.
The incident happened some time between 1pm and 2pm on April 5. Police say the driver’s side bodywork of the car was scratched and damaged.
WHITEHAVEN and District Chamber of Trade held its 70th annual meeting last month at which the following were elected as officers for the coming year: Charles Maudling, chairman; Christine Minnorry, vice chairman; Alan Blacklock, secretary; Craig Kershaw, treasurer.
X box game stolen
A DISTINGTON man has appeared in court for stealing an X box 360 game.
Stuart Anthony Barrow, 25, of Hinnings Road, Distington, admitted the offence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week. The court heard Barrow had taken the FIFA Street game, worth £37.98, from HMV in Workington.
Magistrates ordered him to complete a 36-hour community order. He must also pay £85 court costs.
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 26 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Eskdale Show 2014
- St Bees School's Science Day
- Emma’s inspirational family to run for ME Research
- Florence is a creative hub
- Tour takes de Moor by storm
- Amateurs and Celtic set to lock horns in league derby
- Help to decide councillors' allowances (5 comments)
- Council sets out stall for Market Hall’s future (2 comments)
- Cyclists get on their bikes in memory of David
- Roper Street residents plagued by rats (1 comment)
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)