Last updated at 15:04, Monday, 23 April 2012
Five cars crash at roundabout
FIVE cars collided on the A595 near Egremont.
The crash, which involved a Mazda, a VW Transporter Shuttle, two VW Golfs and a Skoda Fabia, happened just after 1pm on Sunday at the Black Beck roundabout.
A passenger in one of the Golf cars was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven for treatment.
Two other people suffered slight injuries but did not need hospital treatment.
Driver failed to stop after crash
POLICE officers in Whitehaven are investigating a fail-to-stop car crash in the town centre.
A Volkswagen Bora was struck by an unknown vehicle while parked on Marlborough Street, facing in the direction of Strand Street, between 8.30am and 12.30pm on April 11.
Damage was caused to the Bora’s front wing and the offending vehicle failed to stop at the scene.
Police attend town dispute
POLICE officers attended a disturbance in Whitehaven town centre on Thursday last week.
The incident happened just after 5pm on Duke Street and involved a dispute between two local men, one in his 50s and the other in his 40s.
No arrests were made although both attended the police station on a voluntary basis to assist officers with their ongoing enquiries.
Man, 38, found drunk in street
A WHITEHAVEN man has been fined £50 for being drunk in a public place.
The case against Tony Bennett, 38, of Coniston Road, was proved in his absence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week.
Magistrates heard that Bennett was found drunk in Pow Street, Workington.
He has been ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 11:09, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- N-waste site: the search resumes (4 comments)
- Queen’s tribute to golden couple
- Hospital deluged with jellyfish incidents
- Whitehaven parking charges get go-ahead (6 comments)
- Hopes of new post office for village
- Events to mark World War One centenary
- Kells Infants ‘outstanding’ says Ofsted (1 comment)
- ‘This will NOT be a cottage hospital’ says Trust chief (1 comment)
- Samaritans need your help - or face closure
- Council to shut recycling centre (4 comments)
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash