Last updated at 11:54, Thursday, 11 October 2012
A CLEATOR Moor woman has been banned from driving for 13 months following a string of motoring offences.
Gemma Flynn, 28, of Holden Place, admitted driving without due care and attention and drink-driving at Church Street, Frizington. A test revealed Flynn had 85 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. The limit is 80. Magistrates at West Cumbria Courthouse ordered her to pay fines of £200, with £85 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
A FINE of £200 has been imposed on a scooter driver who committed a series of offences.
Steven Gillespie, 45, of Jacktrees Road, Cleator Moor, admitted driving without a licence. Two further offences of driving without an MoT test certificate and driving without insurance were proved in his absence. The court heard that all the offences took place at Croasdale Avenue, Mirehouse.
Magistrates at West Cumbria Courthouse ordered him to pay £85 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
A BLOOD donor session takes place in Egremont Market Hall from 2pm to 8pm on Monday, October 15.
First published at 11:05, Thursday, 11 October 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (5 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)