New office block offers jobs boost
Last updated at 11:38, Thursday, 06 March 2014
PLANS have been approved to create a two-storey office at Westlakes Science and Technology Park at Moor Row.
By Sarah Robinson
The new office block by Henry Boot Development Ltd will enable 200 staff to work on site – 110 new jobs will be created and 90 workers to be relocated from existing rented property on the park.
Members of Copeland’s planning panel approved the proposals at a meeting last week.
They were told the company that will occupy the premises works in the nuclear supply chain industry. The building will service four offices of the company .
In addition, there will be parking for 150 spaces. Also proposed are electrical vehicle charging bays, covered cycle store and visitor parking and vehicle control barriers. Vehicle access will be via a road to the car park off the adjacent Crow Park Way.
The site will also be landscaped.
Egremont Town Council raised no objections to the plans, but were concerned that the new buildings are being built when there are lots of empty premises in and around Copeland that could be utilised.
Councillors welcomed the plans.
They agreed with the council officer’s report which stated: “This major application for a nuclear related company to relocate and expand via new office development on an approved vacant plot within the site is welcomed. It raises no issues of concern as demonstrated in the submission.”
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 06 March 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
This is where that eyesore in town should have been built, i can only imagine the traffic from 4 to 5.30 during the week
Make your comment
- Caged for ‘horrific’ sex attack on teenage boys
- Bransty's Beth is going Gaga for global superstar
- Retired teachers vow - ‘We’ll work for free to save St Bees’
- 'I had to quit West Cumberland Hospital, but I deeply regret it' (4 comments)
- Jake, 2, will be 'dearly missed' by devastated family
- Fight to keep maternity ward rages on
- Sellafield tops ratepayers list
- What's On Guide: March 26 to April 1
- Science Week
- Mum of Keswick bus crash victim dies aged 51 (8 comments)