Man charged with £23,250 gold ring theft
Published at 11:22, Thursday, 20 December 2012
A MAN has appeared in court charged with stealing a tray of engagement rings worth £23,250 from a Whitehaven jewellers’ shop.
David Greggain was arrested following the alleged theft from JO Dixon’s, on Lowther Street in the town centre, just after 4pm on Tuesday, December 11.
He is accused of fleeing the store with a display stand containing 20 18-carat gold diamond rings.
Mr Greggain, 33, from Station Road, Workington, will have his case heard at Carlisle Crown Court, and will formally be committed on January 11.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Sarah’s Star Fund tops £8,000 in first year
- ‘Grow your own’ scheme to woo nursing recruits
- Developers shed light on solar park scheme (1 comment)
- Public meeting to air hospital concerns
- Bikers are on a mission to save NHS vital funds (1 comment)
- ‘We told you so!’ Firefighters’ crisis warning ‘proved right’ (6 comments)
- Family tell of devastation over mam’s hospital death
- Are councillors measuring up? (4 comments)
- Enjoy poet Kei’s ‘beautiful’ work
- Sellafield expert joins Fukushima team
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (4 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
- Harrison urges speed on Barrow Raiders deals (2 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (1 comment)