Tributes paid to 21-year-old woman found dead
Last updated at 13:07, Thursday, 15 November 2012
THE family of young woman whose sudden death in Workington has sparked a murder inquiry have paid tribute to her.
The body of 21-year-old Demi Burns, originally from Woodhouse, Whitehaven, and a former St Benedict’s School pupil, was discovered in a flat in Newlands Gardens on Sunday afternoon.
Miss Burns' family said: “Demi was a beautiful, caring young woman who was loved dearly by all her family and friends. She always put others before herself and adored her family, especially her mam, gran and pop.
“The hole in our lives she has left will never ever be filled, the light in our hearts has gone out forever. We will miss you always our princess.”
Detectives have confirmed a 28-year-old local man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released and bailed to return to the town’s police station in January following further investigation. They also confirmed that Ms Burns was in the early stages of pregnancy.
A post-mortem has been held and further tests are ongoing to establish the cause of death. An inquest has been opened and adjourned until May 10 next year.
First published at 11:43, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Jamie Reed's election rivals named
- Controversy over Civic Hall plans
- Iconic memorial poppies to come to Whitehaven? (1 comment)
- Whitehaven is one of the safest places to live (4 comments)
- ‘When I was finally diagnosed, it was a weight off my shoulders’
- Extra bobby on the beat (1 comment)
- Top award for Jessie
- Man ‘sorry’ for club incident (5 comments)
- Who foots blaze bill? (1 comment)
- ‘No regrets’ - trader Carla takes matters into her own hands (4 comments)