Lower speed limit for road past Distington Crem
Last updated at 11:42, Thursday, 23 February 2012
A LOWER speed limit will be introduced for the Distington Crematorium road, it has been confirmed.
A formal three-week consultation was launched by Cumbria County Council to bring the speed limit on the busy road from 60mph down to 40mph.
And after the plan received extensive public support and no objections, the limit will be introduced, most likely in early March.
The Distington community and a number of funeral directors have long sought the reduction to bring it in line with the county’s other crematorium road in Carlisle.
Last summer, a traffic survey on the road showed a small percentage of vehicles were hitting speeds as high as 75mph – but average speeds were at about 41 or 42mph.
First published at 11:07, Thursday, 23 February 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- What's On Guide: July 2 to 8
- Beckermet Nursery Fun Day
- School Country Dance Event
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (48 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers (22 comments)
- Sorry, Carlisle United - but Knighton was right (2 comments)
- Soaring temperatures before thunder and rain hit Cumbria (9 comments)
- New £1.9m plan to reduce traffic on west Cumbria's roads (7 comments)