Lower speed limit for road past Distington Crem
Last updated at 11:42, Thursday, 23 February 2012
A LOWER speed limit will be introduced for the Distington Crematorium road, it has been confirmed.
A formal three-week consultation was launched by Cumbria County Council to bring the speed limit on the busy road from 60mph down to 40mph.
And after the plan received extensive public support and no objections, the limit will be introduced, most likely in early March.
The Distington community and a number of funeral directors have long sought the reduction to bring it in line with the county’s other crematorium road in Carlisle.
Last summer, a traffic survey on the road showed a small percentage of vehicles were hitting speeds as high as 75mph – but average speeds were at about 41 or 42mph.
First published at 11:07, Thursday, 23 February 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Friendly faces add some festive fun (1 comment)
- Kids’ party chaos as ‘princess’ jailed (2 comments)
- Copeland leader to quit council (6 comments)
- Shops raided for counterfeit ‘Frozen’ goods (2 comments)
- ‘Suicidal’ man caused public annoyance with 999 calls
- Man punched ex-partner while she held baby son
- What's On Guide: December 23 to 30
- Hensingham Centre's Production of Snow White
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom (4 comments)