Legend Shearer is happy to help
Last updated at 15:00, Thursday, 23 January 2014
FOOTBALL legend Alan Shearer has offered his backing to an Egremont charity.
Former Newcastle United and England striker Shearer – the highest Premiership goalscorer of all time – has shown his support for the Charlie and Kathleen Dunnery Children’s Fund (CKDCF), the charity Egremont rock star Francis Dunnery set up in memory of his parents.
The CKDCF makes donations throughout the year to causes that benefit local children, and Shearer was on hand to help at a recent event at Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary’s children’s cancer ward, on which Cumbrian youngsters are treated.
Shearer joined CKDCF’s Mark Andrews, and his children Matthew and Evie, to hand out an iPad, DVDs and games to the ward.
First published at 11:52, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
What a great group of people - giving up their own time to help others. Makes me proud to be Cumbrian!
Make your comment
- Whitehaven school's roads reminder to parents
- Boy, 8, in roof fall drama
- Councillor’s dream is to give skatepark a new lift
- Stretching out the hand of friendship to Lebanese
- Say farewell to the YMCA
- Parents fined as pupils take unauthorised leave (12 comments)
- New N-waste plan ‘lacking in detail’ (3 comments)
- St Bees, Gosforth, Moor Row... the best of British! (1 comment)
- Rogues’ gallery for shopkeepers
- Beacon has a hand in puppet success