Legend Shearer is happy to help
Last updated at 15:00, Thursday, 23 January 2014
FOOTBALL legend Alan Shearer has offered his backing to an Egremont charity.
Former Newcastle United and England striker Shearer – the highest Premiership goalscorer of all time – has shown his support for the Charlie and Kathleen Dunnery Children’s Fund (CKDCF), the charity Egremont rock star Francis Dunnery set up in memory of his parents.
The CKDCF makes donations throughout the year to causes that benefit local children, and Shearer was on hand to help at a recent event at Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary’s children’s cancer ward, on which Cumbrian youngsters are treated.
Shearer joined CKDCF’s Mark Andrews, and his children Matthew and Evie, to hand out an iPad, DVDs and games to the ward.
First published at 11:52, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
What a great group of people - giving up their own time to help others. Makes me proud to be Cumbrian!
Make your comment
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom
- Saved: the goats abandoned at Christmas
- Big Brother’s blind eye shut for good
- Inspectors take action over care home concerns
- Katelyn’s dream date with One Direction
- Have a merry Christmas - but not a drunken one
- Shock closure of Senny’s nightspot
- Kells man dies from malaria
- What's On Guide: December 18 to 22
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014