Legend Shearer is happy to help
Last updated at 15:00, Thursday, 23 January 2014
FOOTBALL legend Alan Shearer has offered his backing to an Egremont charity.
Former Newcastle United and England striker Shearer – the highest Premiership goalscorer of all time – has shown his support for the Charlie and Kathleen Dunnery Children’s Fund (CKDCF), the charity Egremont rock star Francis Dunnery set up in memory of his parents.
The CKDCF makes donations throughout the year to causes that benefit local children, and Shearer was on hand to help at a recent event at Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary’s children’s cancer ward, on which Cumbrian youngsters are treated.
Shearer joined CKDCF’s Mark Andrews, and his children Matthew and Evie, to hand out an iPad, DVDs and games to the ward.
First published at 11:52, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
What a great group of people - giving up their own time to help others. Makes me proud to be Cumbrian!
Make your comment
- Your election candidates revealed (2 comments)
- Two hustings meetings lined up
- Big changes at Copeland as host of councillors step down (4 comments)
- Sellafield workers vote for industrial action (1 comment)
- Voting: what you need to know
- What will a parish council mean for Whitehaven?
- Queen-of-clean Kim to appear at Home and Garden Show (2 comments)
- Tributes to Copeland leader as borough prepares for elected mayor (3 comments)
- £14.5m secured towards school campus
- Meeting to discuss St Bees closure plans