Late trains and park-and-ride laid on
Published at 11:56, Thursday, 31 May 2012
TWO official park-and-ride bus services will ferry people to and from the festival.
Travel company Reays will run services from Westlakes Science Park and from Energus at Lillyhall. Passengers will be dropped off and picked up at the multi-storey car park or the bus stop outside Tesco.
The service will run for up to 14 hours a day, with free parking available throughout at both locations for shuttle service users. There will also be an evening bus service to take people home from the Friday and Saturday night concerts. The late-night buses will run from outside Tesco up until midnight as far as Workington, Maryport and Cockermouth.
The service will run between both car parks on the Friday 5pm-11.30pm; on Saturday 9.30am-11.30pm and on Sunday 10.30am-10.30pm. Return fare is £3 for adults and £2 for children aged three-16.
The late-night Friday and Saturday service for non-drivers, which will also stop at Distington, Harrington, Siddick and Flimby, will leave from 11.15pm to midnight. The single-only fare is £4 or £6.
EXTRA train services have been put on by Northern Rail over the festival weekend between Maryport and Whitehaven. This includes four extra on Saturday from Maryport to Whitehaven and five extra from Whitehaven to Maryport.
On the Sunday there are five extra services between Maryport and Whitehaven and four extra from Whitehaven back to Maryport.
The trains also call at Flimby, Workington, Harrington, and Parton.
Due to engineering works on the Sunday the 12.57pm train from Whitehaven to Carlisle will terminate at Maryport and a bus will run the rest of the way. The 3pm Carlisle to Whitehaven train will be replaced by a bus.
For further details contact 08457 484950.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom (2 comments)
- Saved: the goats abandoned at Christmas
- Big Brother’s blind eye shut for good
- Inspectors take action over care home concerns (2 comments)
- Katelyn’s dream date with One Direction
- Have a merry Christmas - but not a drunken one
- Shock closure of Senny’s nightspot (2 comments)
- Kells man dies from malaria
- What's On Guide: December 18 to 22
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014
- Cumbria's jobless total continues to fall
- Speakers inspire women during launch of network
- 39 young Cumbrians find work experience Dream Placement
- Cumbria sixth formers put through paces for dream placements
- It’s a cut-throat business for traditional shop
- We won’t leave firms high and dry - partnership boss
- Grab chance to get funds
- Workers’ accolades prove they’re jolly good fellows
- Lady of the Lake enjoys a stunning view from office
- Tremendous Texels topped market at mart
- Police arrest woman after incident in Keswick
- Diamond and ruby jewellery stolen from house near Cleator Moor
- Appeal to trace man who struck girl, 14, in Barrow
- Offender 'punched' window in Barrow overnight
- Brave Barrow mum loses cancer fight (7 comments)
- Firm admits to failures which led to fatal Lindal plunge
- Killer of Furness 'gentle giant' to walk free today (3 comments)
- UPDATE: Lanes reopen for Cumbria drivers travelling south on M6
- Witness appeal after man, 52, assaulted in Barrow
- Woman, 51, died after falling down her house stairs