Johnny Ball to help promote engineering at Energus
Last updated at 11:35, Thursday, 10 April 2014
TV presenter Johnny Ball will be hosting an exhibition and lecture event next month.
Held at Energus, Lillyhall, on May 1, it will also showcase lectures from leaders across various engineering industries.
The former Think of a Number presenter, pictured right, will be giving the keynote speech to students, including some from West Lakes Academy, and the event, organised by the Institute of Measurement and Control West Cumbria, will also feature around 30 exhibitors.
Also attending will be Peter Martindale, chief executive of the Institute of Measurement and Controls.
David Jones, event organiser and secretary of the InstMC West Cumbria, said: “We are proud Johnny Ball is to be our key speaker, giving his unique look on engineering.
“This is the second annual exhibition and lecture series which builds on the success of last year.’’ The main sponsors of the event are electrical engineering and software company, Yokogawa.
For further details and booking information go to www.axiswestcumbria.org.uk
First published at 11:10, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Breaking news: Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen
- Your election candidates revealed (3 comments)
- Hustings debates the issues that matter to you
- Travellers illegally occupying five sites in Cumbria (18 comments)
- Don't vote for me: Smear campaign forces Lee to quit (13 comments)
- Campaigners threaten to take legal action over school closure (1 comment)
- Fabulously flouncy - Laurence on heading to Whitehaven (1 comment)
- Vandals target Mirehouse eyesore’s artwork
- Cancer sufferer to cycle 140 miles for charity
- Travellers park illegally (18 comments)
- Sellafield gets accolade for promoting safe cycling
- Lack of chargers holding back electric car sales in Cumbria
- Candidates’ backing for Carlisle Skills Fair
- Record revenues for Carlisle Racecourse
- Online travel agents accused of dictating to Cumbrian hoteliers
- Carrs Group share price still rising
- Cumberland Building Society launches debit card initiative
- Cumbrian sports business given help to scale new heights
- Three-day exhibition in Cumbria on decomissioning
- Cumbrian businesswoman to reveal secrets of her success
- Comedian Bill Bailey to stage gig for Cumbria's mountain rescue teams
- 2,200 back campaign to try to save town market
- Soft Cell star Marc Almond to headline Carlisle Pride
- Cash machine blown up in raid on Carlisle building society
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (1 comment)
- £60,000 Carlisle play area upgrade by summer
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support