Last updated at 11:32, Monday, 24 September 2012
Motorcyclist, 52, dies in crash
AN inquest has been opened after a Millom man died in a motorcycle crash.
Stephen Sharp, 52, of Lonsdale Road, died following the incident on the A595, close to the Black Beck Hotel near Egremont, on September 4.
He was identified by his partner, Samantha Turner. Coroner David Roberts opened an inquest and adjourned it to a date to be fixed.
AN inquest has been opened following the death of an 85-year-old St Bees man.
Robert Pearson, of Main Street, died at the West Cumberland Hospital on September 9 – four days after being involved in a car crash in the village.
Mr Pearson was formally identified by his son, David Pearson, and West Cumbria coroner David Roberts opened an inquest and adjourned it to a date to be fixed.
AN inquest into the death of Joseph Johnston Burns, 89 of The Green, Bransty, Whitehaven, has been opened and adjourned by coroner David Roberts. Mr Burns died at his home on September 13. Evidence of identification was given by his step-son Barry Skillicorn.
First published at 11:06, Thursday, 20 September 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Two die in crash on busy Cumbrian road
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- Mum and children attacked in Carlisle park
- See the action on TV
- £1.7m price tag on Cumbrian politician's former home
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Fire in Cumbrian home
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue