Last updated at 11:32, Monday, 24 September 2012
Motorcyclist, 52, dies in crash
AN inquest has been opened after a Millom man died in a motorcycle crash.
Stephen Sharp, 52, of Lonsdale Road, died following the incident on the A595, close to the Black Beck Hotel near Egremont, on September 4.
He was identified by his partner, Samantha Turner. Coroner David Roberts opened an inquest and adjourned it to a date to be fixed.
AN inquest has been opened following the death of an 85-year-old St Bees man.
Robert Pearson, of Main Street, died at the West Cumberland Hospital on September 9 – four days after being involved in a car crash in the village.
Mr Pearson was formally identified by his son, David Pearson, and West Cumbria coroner David Roberts opened an inquest and adjourned it to a date to be fixed.
AN inquest into the death of Joseph Johnston Burns, 89 of The Green, Bransty, Whitehaven, has been opened and adjourned by coroner David Roberts. Mr Burns died at his home on September 13. Evidence of identification was given by his step-son Barry Skillicorn.
First published at 11:06, Thursday, 20 September 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (13 comments)
- Adam is making tracks in Yorkshire
- New government plan to deal with radioactive waste (5 comments)
- Teacher with a class of 6,000!
- School’s out for ever for Hilary (1 comment)
- Parton is such sweet sorrow for runner Andrew
- Ministry scuppers bid for Sunday train service (3 comments)
- 33 years of wonderful memories for Viv
- Man, 58 charged with 17 sex offences
- Summer of misery as roadworks begin (1 comment)
- How many deaths until action taken? (6 comments)
- Josh double can’t save Millom
- Innovative firm is thriving under pressure
- Furness Academy's strategies to improve results
- Out and about...
- Fruity deal at Booths
- No title
- RL maul Cougars
- Helicopter attends rescue near Piel Island in Cumbria (1 comment)
- THE RAIDING PARTY: Hope remains for Barrow Raiders
- POLICE confirm body found is missing Barrow man (14 comments)
- Chart star to play at Ulverston pub (5 comments)
- Police name dead cyclist found by A592 in south Cumbria
- Barrow art lover Stephanie now removes body etchings
- Mystery saviour offers Barrow school last-minute deal (17 comments)
- Little Chef to axe 500 jobs
- Woolworths evacuated
- Barrow man jailed for attacks on police
- Obituary - Arthur Allison, of High Ireby
- Davina vows to conquer fear of water in Cumbria