From Wembley to Whitehaven
Last updated at 14:39, Thursday, 12 April 2012
INDIE rockers The Enemy will be performing on the roof of Wembley Stadium next month – just weeks before their Whitehaven gig.
They are set to kick off the FA Cup Final on May 5. And the band’s long-awaited new album Streets in the Sky is released on May 21, just two weeks before Whitehaven harbourside’s giant double bill with The Charlatans on Sunday, June 3.
Before that, the festival gets off to a fine start with stunning soprano Katherine Jenkins performing on stage on the Friday night.
And then there’s The Best of the 70s concert on the Saturday featuring Steve Harley, Showaddywaddy, Les McKeown’s Bay City Rollers, The Three Degrees, The Real Thing and Odyssey.
To get your tickets for any of the three gigs call into Richardson’s, telephone them on 01946 65334 or go to the festival website www.thewhitehavenfestival.co.uk
Tickets for the Charlatans/Enemy gig are also on sale in Threads, on King Street.
First published at 12:01, Thursday, 12 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Landmark for Sellafield Ltd at world’s biggest open-air nuclear store
- Ladies from Whitehaven telephone exchange reconnect
- Marathon effort for Callum!
- Councillor hits out at wind turbine applicants ‘threatening to appeal’ (2 comments)
- All’s ship-shape at Cap’n Senny’s
- Town saved from £4m flood damage (2 comments)
- Churches likely to close due to costs
- Let county councils have a say on burying N-waste, DECC told (5 comments)
- New budget will see rise in parking and cemetery costs (2 comments)
- Standards praised as stars awarded after food checks
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (23 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (11 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (8 comments)