Flower club to stage festival in St Cuthbert’s
Published at 11:11, Thursday, 26 April 2012
WHITEHAVEN Flower Club is staging a flower festival in St Cuthbert’s Church, Seascale, during May Bank Holiday weekend (May 4-7).
The event will mark the club’s 50th anniversary year and also celebrate the 350th anniversary of the Book of Common Prayer.
On Friday (May 4) there will be a Flowers in Song event at the church, an evening of music and puddings with the West Cumbria Choral Society, starting at 7.30pm.
On Sunday, May 6, there will be Holy Communion at 9.30am when the preacher will be the Venerable Richard Pratt, Arch-deacon of West Cumbria. At evensong, 6.30pm the Bishop of Carlisle, the Rt Rev James Newcome will preach. There will be music from 6pm.
The flower festival will be open Friday, Saturday and Monday, 10am-4pm; and Sunday 2pm-5pm.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Benefits cheat caught dancing at zumba class (1 comment)
- Civic to re-open and new toilets? (11 comments)
- Supermarket beggar jailed
- ‘Move market’ urge town centre traders (4 comments)
- Cumbria appoints three new consultants (3 comments)
- Drunk burglar caught after leaving sock at the scene
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (6 comments)
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (2 comments)
- Intimidating kids worry Egremont residents (1 comment)
- Missing teenager found safe and well