Flower club to stage festival in St Cuthbert’s
Published at 11:11, Thursday, 26 April 2012
WHITEHAVEN Flower Club is staging a flower festival in St Cuthbert’s Church, Seascale, during May Bank Holiday weekend (May 4-7).
The event will mark the club’s 50th anniversary year and also celebrate the 350th anniversary of the Book of Common Prayer.
On Friday (May 4) there will be a Flowers in Song event at the church, an evening of music and puddings with the West Cumbria Choral Society, starting at 7.30pm.
On Sunday, May 6, there will be Holy Communion at 9.30am when the preacher will be the Venerable Richard Pratt, Arch-deacon of West Cumbria. At evensong, 6.30pm the Bishop of Carlisle, the Rt Rev James Newcome will preach. There will be music from 6pm.
The flower festival will be open Friday, Saturday and Monday, 10am-4pm; and Sunday 2pm-5pm.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Caged for ‘horrific’ sex attack on teenage boys
- Bransty's Beth is going Gaga for global superstar
- Retired teachers vow - ‘We’ll work for free to save St Bees’
- 'I had to quit West Cumberland Hospital, but I deeply regret it' (4 comments)
- Jake, 2, will be 'dearly missed' by devastated family
- Fight to keep maternity ward rages on
- Sellafield tops ratepayers list
- What's On Guide: March 26 to April 1
- Science Week
- Mum of Keswick bus crash victim dies aged 51 (8 comments)
- Stobart Group in new wood supply deal
- Warning over deflation harming Cumbrian economy
- Cumbrian firm Story completes £6.5m Hitachi contract
- Five-star rating for Cumbrian motorway services
- Chinese buyer close to takeover deal for Pirelli
- Customer satisfaction awards for Story Homes
- Carlisle factory owner on verge of takeover
- Cumbria Waste Group invests in new vehicles
- Printers H&H Reeds launch merchandising division
- Bus service for Cockermouth housing estate (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Cumbrian care home still needs to improve say inspectors
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Carlisle's Tory MP believes he’s underdog in General Election
- Campaigners’ victory in apartment block battle
- ‘Freeman of the land’ released from custody
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm