Festival tickets on sale
Last updated at 14:58, Thursday, 23 January 2014
TICKETS go on sale tomorrow (Friday) for a major summer music festival in Whitehaven.
Mighty Boof at the Stadium takes place at Cumbria Sports Academy at Hensingham on May 23 and 24.
Event promoters The Mighty Boof is the team behind three successful At The Playground festivals in Whitehaven.
Raising funds for Whitehaven Rugby Union Club and Whitehaven Cricket Club, the Playground events were headlined by the likes of The Enemy, The View and The Farm (2013), The Pigeon Detectives and Ocean Colour Scene (2012) and The Futureheads (2011), alongside the best bands, acoustic musicians and DJs on the local scene.
The Boof has relocated its festival from the rugby union/cricket club this year for the new bank holiday weekend event.
The Boof’s Danny Maudling said: “Due to the flooding at The Playground last year, it is just impossible to do that event this year.
“We are going it alone this time, and we’d like to thank the rugby and cricket clubs for everything.”
The line-up is set to be announced in the coming weeks.
One-hundred pre-sale tickets, priced at £35 for the full weekend (Friday night and all day Saturday), will be available from tomorrow at Threads, on King Street, Whitehaven, or online at www.threads-clothing.com.
First published at 11:13, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Flying the flag for the Commonwealth
- Students celebrate Dream Placements
- Egremont lettings policy suspended
- Group is tasked to tackle recycling at Hensingham
- Homes & Gardens tickets on sale
- 'Work in Carlisle or lose your jobs' (5 comments)
- Partners in talks on reviving Civic Hall (1 comment)
- Deer cull protestors demand information
- Department to consider mayor vote delay (1 comment)
- Big playful pup wows the judges at Crufts