Family pays tribute to Whitehaven woman found dead at home
Last updated at 12:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
The family of a young mum found dead at a house last week have paid tribute to “the most amazing person in every aspect of her life.”
Mica Atkinson, aged 22, was found dead at Wasdale Close, Whitehaven, on November 27.
A 25-year-old Whitehaven man arrested on suspicion of manslaughter has been bailed until January 2013, pending further inquiries.
Miss Atkinson's family said that their lives had changed forever in the most unimaginable, painful way.
"Our breath-taking daughter, our beloved sister, most cherished granddaughter and most selfless mummy was taken away from us too soon.
“Mica was the most amazing person in every aspect of her life. She gave 100 per cent of her mind and soul; she threw her heart into everything. She was always a person you could rely on, if you needed anything, no matter how big or small, she would go to the end of the world to help you.
"Mica was beautiful, inside and out, you can easily see by all the people whose lives she had touched, you see the impact she had. Whenever she had a smile on her face the entire room would lighten up, she would always be the cause of rapturous laughter with her many ‘Mica moments’. That will be one of the many things we will miss about her. "
They added that there was only one thing Miss Atkinson had ever wanted - to become a mum.
"Thankfully she did, she gave us her beautiful little girl, Lilly. Mica loved her more than anything in the entire universe. There wasn’t a single thing she wouldn’t do for her. From the moment she was born Mica had blossomed into the most mature, outstanding mother.
"She was a mother to us all, that was her instinct. If she would go to the end of the world for an almost stranger you can imagine what she would do for her only daughter.
“It’s an understatement to say that we miss her because there isn’t a word to describe the amount of agony we’re in. We welcome any family and good friends that wish to visit us. We hope you will all share in the thought of looking into the sky at night and seeing the brightest star and think ‘That’s our Mica’," added the family's statement.
The circumstances leading up to Miss Atkinson’s death are being investigated by detectives.
Further tests have been requested by the Home Office pathologist to establish the cause of death.
First published at 12:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Landmark for Sellafield Ltd at world’s biggest open-air nuclear store
- Ladies from Whitehaven telephone exchange reconnect
- Marathon effort for Callum!
- Councillor hits out at wind turbine applicants ‘threatening to appeal’ (2 comments)
- All’s ship-shape at Cap’n Senny’s
- Town saved from £4m flood damage (1 comment)
- Churches likely to close due to costs
- Let county councils have a say on burying N-waste, DECC told (5 comments)
- New budget will see rise in parking and cemetery costs (2 comments)
- Standards praised as stars awarded after food checks
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)