Family pays tribute to Whitehaven woman found dead at home
Last updated at 12:33, Monday, 03 December 2012
The family of a young mum found dead at a house last week have paid tribute to “the most amazing person in every aspect of her life.”
Mica Atkinson, aged 22, was found dead at Wasdale Close, Whitehaven, on November 27.
A 25-year-old Whitehaven man arrested on suspicion of manslaughter has been bailed until January 2013, pending further inquiries.
Miss Atkinson's family said that their lives had changed forever in the most unimaginable, painful way.
"Our breath-taking daughter, our beloved sister, most cherished granddaughter and most selfless mummy was taken away from us too soon.
“Mica was the most amazing person in every aspect of her life. She gave 100 per cent of her mind and soul; she threw her heart into everything. She was always a person you could rely on, if you needed anything, no matter how big or small, she would go to the end of the world to help you.
"Mica was beautiful, inside and out, you can easily see by all the people whose lives she had touched, you see the impact she had. Whenever she had a smile on her face the entire room would lighten up, she would always be the cause of rapturous laughter with her many ‘Mica moments’. That will be one of the many things we will miss about her. "
They added that there was only one thing Miss Atkinson had ever wanted - to become a mum.
"Thankfully she did, she gave us her beautiful little girl, Lilly. Mica loved her more than anything in the entire universe. There wasn’t a single thing she wouldn’t do for her. From the moment she was born Mica had blossomed into the most mature, outstanding mother.
"She was a mother to us all, that was her instinct. If she would go to the end of the world for an almost stranger you can imagine what she would do for her only daughter.
“It’s an understatement to say that we miss her because there isn’t a word to describe the amount of agony we’re in. We welcome any family and good friends that wish to visit us. We hope you will all share in the thought of looking into the sky at night and seeing the brightest star and think ‘That’s our Mica’," added the family's statement.
The circumstances leading up to Miss Atkinson’s death are being investigated by detectives.
Further tests have been requested by the Home Office pathologist to establish the cause of death.
First published at 12:32, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Daily struggles leave Dawn desperate for vital support (2 comments)
- Dad jailed for neglect
- Don’t take Tom’s lifeline say parents
- 92 homes on cards for Kangol site (2 comments)
- Hopes high for Rosehill’s facelift
- No names yet for potential mayors (3 comments)
- Fundraisers needed to help keep RNLI service afloat
- Nicola awaits the next call from BGT...
- Could you be an advocate for the Red Devils team?
- Sellafield fire crew to the rescue
- New beer marks Settle-Carlisle line anniversary
- Lighting firm’s success is beacon, says trade boss
- Preferred bidder for £1.4 billion Sellafield project
- Chippy owner celebrates milestone since expansion
- More mopeds help young people to scoot into work
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employability skills
- Insights into GSK expansion
- MEP hails training success
- Electronics are light of town
- Teacher helps schools to compute new IT curriculum
- Tributes to Barrow bus boss and humanitarian
- Inquest for Barrow dad who died in Thai prison
- Drunk man floored teens in Barrow street attack
- Concerns over application for 68 new homes in Cumbria town
- Barrow man in race assault hearing
- Barrow teen to face child porn charges
- Police name suspects arrested in connection with Cumbria building society robbery
- Police appeal for witnesses to Cumbria smash where a car to burst into flames
- Warning after teenager gets stuck in quicksand in Cumbria
- Rail passengers hit by engineering work