Enjoy poet Kei’s ‘beautiful’ work
Published at 11:46, Thursday, 21 August 2014
A JAMAICAN poet will be reading at Cleator Moor Library next Wednesday. Kei Miller, pictured, teaches creative writing at The University of Glasgow and his poems are described as “beautifully musical and possess an incantatory power’’.
The event, in association with The Wordsworth Trust, will see Kei read from his new collection, The Cartographer Tries to Map a Way to Zion.
Tickets are £1. For further information contact Cleator Moor Library on 855030.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Closure means no banks from Egremont to Millom
- Saved: the goats abandoned at Christmas
- Big Brother’s blind eye shut for good
- Inspectors take action over care home concerns (1 comment)
- Katelyn’s dream date with One Direction
- Have a merry Christmas - but not a drunken one
- Shock closure of Senny’s nightspot (1 comment)
- Kells man dies from malaria
- What's On Guide: December 18 to 22
- Christmas School Plays in Copeland 2014
- Jeremy Kyle Barrow adventure - pair bailed
- After man banned from starting race with starting pistol, have health and safety rules gone too far? (4 comments)
- Regal Windermere boat joins Queen on majestic Thames cruise (1 comment)
- Prisoner who plotted mass murder from cell jailed
- ‘Normal’ Barrow couple’s secret world of affairs and sick fantasies
- Shock closure of Cumbria business enterprise group (14 comments)
- Artists’ work on show