Egremont motorcyclist dies
Published at 01:00, Monday, 01 October 2007
A 38-YEAR-OLD Egremont man has died after a motorcyle accident on Braystones Beach on Saturday morning.
Tony Robert Jones, of Royal Drive, was biking off-road alone when the accident happened just before 10am on Saturday morning.
Police say it appears that the bike Mr Jones was riding hit a rock, and he was thrown from the bike and onto another rock.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Coroner John Taylor has been informed of Mr Jones' death and an inquest is expected to be opened later today (Monday).
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Rediscover Cumbria's war history
- Rita, 100, joins Rita, 100, for a party!
- Heroes spotlight falls on those close to us
- Fresh bid to fill 44 hospital vacancies (1 comment)
- A lesson in protest power
- PM ‘dodges’ question from Maddy, 10 (1 comment)
- Improvement in death rates, say health bosses
- Mums back campaign for maternity services (1 comment)
- Streets ‘pitch black’ for eight months (1 comment)
- MP tells Commons of ‘toxic distrust’
- Inspira lands new National Citizen Service contract
- Carlisle Racecourse’s marketing recruit
- Skilful students show why sessions are sew successful
- Cumbria teen Sarah urges other young people to take part in scheme
- ‘We must keep up to technological speed’
- Nurse’s treatment providing non-surgical loss of inches
- Get plugged in to opportunity
- Hammer falls on lots of properties
- Milestone represents seven years of safe working
- Becky follows in the artistic footsteps of her illustrious Lakeland ancestors
- The sick playground of sadistic care home staff
- Cumbrian hospital matron who abused her position apologises
- Furness family of Jay James rally behind X Factor star ahead of live show
- Prime Minister urged to help secure future of Cumbrian steel plant
- Lurcher stolen from Cumbrian allotments
- Man became depressed after being falsely accused of rape, inquest told
- Cumbria police probe van and cycle crash
- Watchdog warns South West Cumbria residents of doorstep fish sellers
- Man suffers facial injuries in Barrow Park assault
- One of two missing monkeys from Cumbria zoo found (7 comments)