Easter fun rolled out for Stump customers
Last updated at 12:14, Thursday, 12 April 2012
A DAY of Easter fun has been enjoyed at The Stump pub in Whitehaven.
The pub’s John and Jackie Doran continued their fundraising for Howgill’s Family Centre’s Child Bereavement Service with Sunday’s fun and games.
Young and old competed in a traditional Easter egg dump, which was won by Aleeher Doran, seven, and eight-year-old Tony Doran.
Desserts were on the menu as Yvonne Kitchen’s trifle earned her top prize in a cookery competition, while the Guise family won the quiz and the team of Jackie Doran and Jordan Mattinson won the darts tournament.
All combined to raise £50 for Howgill, and this total will be boosted by a bingo night that takes place on Thursday, April 19, at 7.30pm.
Elsewhere, a number of fun Easter games, including egg rolling and a best bonnet contest, took place at Millom Knights Club.
And Anne Duffy’s local Weightwatchers class donated their unwanted Easter eggs to the Children’s Ward at West Cumberland Hospital. The class has lost 3,000lbs since January.
First published at 12:00, Thursday, 12 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Unitary authority for Cumbria plan back on table (18 comments)
- Adam is making tracks in Yorkshire
- New government plan to deal with radioactive waste (11 comments)
- Teacher with a class of 6,000!
- School’s out for ever for Hilary (1 comment)
- Parton is such sweet sorrow for runner Andrew
- Ministry scuppers bid for Sunday train service (4 comments)
- 33 years of wonderful memories for Viv
- Man, 58 charged with 17 sex offences
- Summer of misery as roadworks begin (2 comments)