Easter fun rolled out for Stump customers
Last updated at 12:14, Thursday, 12 April 2012
A DAY of Easter fun has been enjoyed at The Stump pub in Whitehaven.
The pub’s John and Jackie Doran continued their fundraising for Howgill’s Family Centre’s Child Bereavement Service with Sunday’s fun and games.
Young and old competed in a traditional Easter egg dump, which was won by Aleeher Doran, seven, and eight-year-old Tony Doran.
Desserts were on the menu as Yvonne Kitchen’s trifle earned her top prize in a cookery competition, while the Guise family won the quiz and the team of Jackie Doran and Jordan Mattinson won the darts tournament.
All combined to raise £50 for Howgill, and this total will be boosted by a bingo night that takes place on Thursday, April 19, at 7.30pm.
Elsewhere, a number of fun Easter games, including egg rolling and a best bonnet contest, took place at Millom Knights Club.
And Anne Duffy’s local Weightwatchers class donated their unwanted Easter eggs to the Children’s Ward at West Cumberland Hospital. The class has lost 3,000lbs since January.
First published at 12:00, Thursday, 12 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Copeland council offers support but no cash for harbour repairs
- Windfarm plans turned down (4 comments)
- New-look museum makes plea for more volunteers
- They nose it makes sense!
- Late drinking ‘a strain on 999 services’ (1 comment)
- Nuclear workers ‘second class citizens’ (18 comments)
- Academy bid ‘on target’
- Fears over impact of cuts to rural buses
- Snow tops town’s festivities
- Youngsters cry foul as dog dirt is left on football pitch (2 comments)