Last updated at 15:01, Monday, 23 April 2012
Man, 26, jailed for 100 days
A WHITEHAVEN man has been jailed for 100 days following two offences.
The case against John Joseph Steele, 26, of Windermere Road, was heard at West Cumbria Courthouse last week. He admitted assaulting a woman by beating and failing to surrender to custody.
He was jailed for 100 days for the assault and 14 days for the second offence, which are to run concurrently.
Prison for assault on woman
A MAN has been jailed for 26 weeks for assaulting a woman causing actual bodily harm.
Leslie Arron Fensome, 26, of Ennerdale Road, Cleator Moor, admitted assaulting a woman at her home.
He appeared at West Cumbria Courthouse last week for the hearing. District judge Gerald Chalk said the offence was so serious that a prison sentence was the only suitable option.
Man, 25, attacked woman
DYLAN Bawn, 25, has been committed to the Crown Court, Carlisle for sentence after he admitted assaulting a woman.
Bawn, 25, of no fixed address, formerly of Frizington, was convicted of the offence by magistrates sitting at West Cumbria Courthouse,Workington, last week. He is due to appear at Carlisle on May 11.
A MAN has been fined £100 for using threatening, abusive words or behaviour.
Allan Bullough, 35, of Ehen Place, Cleator Moor, admitted the offence at West Cumbria Courthouse last week.
He was ordered to pay £85 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge.
First published at 11:09, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Infant airlifted to hospital following serious crash
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- Mum and children attacked in Carlisle park
- See the action on TV
- £1.7m price tag on Cumbrian politician's former home
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Fire in Cumbrian home
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue