Published at 15:40, Wednesday, 28 July 2010
Date set for stabbing case
A WHITEHAVEN man has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent following a stabbing.
Appearing before town magistrates, Barry Glen Tubman, 28, of Pipers Court, didn’t enter a plea, and the case was adjourned to Carlisle Crown Court until October 4.
The court heard how the defendant is alleged to have stabbed James Howard at a house at Bransty, Whitehaven, last week.
Mr Tubman was on licence from prison and was subsequently recalled to custody.
Woman tagged after assault
A WOMAN has been tagged after she admitted an assault.
Carly Brereton, 20, of Weddicar Gardens, Cleator Moor, admitted beating Alexandra Taylor on December 27 last year.
Brereton was made the subject of a community order and will be electronically monitored for 60 days. She must also pay £100 compensation to Ms Taylor.
Motorist topped 100mph
A MOTORIST who drove at more than 100mph on the A595 has admitted dangerous driving.
Steven Richardson, 28, of Croftlands, Bigrigg, previously denied the offence but pleaded guilty on the eve of his trial at Carlisle Crown Court last week.
Judge Barbara Forrester imposed an interim driving ban on Richardson, who will be sentenced on September 24.
A WHITEHAVEN soldier has been banned from driving for 44 months.
Allan Tyson, 41, of Central Road, admitted drink driving and was also fined £600 with £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge. It was his second drink driving conviction within three years.
Magistrates heard the defendant’s reading was 76 mcgms of alcohol in 100 mls of breath. The limit is 35.
They were told Tyson, who was stopped by police along Loop Road, Whitehaven, had been “under pressure’’.
STEPHEN McGovern, 37, of Valley View Road, Whitehaven, has denied burglary and theft at Wellington Row. The case was adjourned until September 15, for the preparation of Carlisle Crown Court committal papers.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- What's On Guide: July 2 to 8
- Beckermet Nursery Fun Day
- School Country Dance Event
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- 'I am comfortable in my skin. I don't need permission or forgiveness' (6 comments)
- BREAKING: Police investigate "serious sex attack" on teenager in town centre park
- Two men arrested following report of sexual assault in Whitehaven
- Copeland MP Jamie Reed slams NMP's 'lack of public spending' (6 comments)
- 'Bad behaviour' overshadows cycling event
- Film festival success key to Gaiety cinema re-opening (9 comments)
- Dog's death sparks warning to owners
- Multi-million-pound boost for Copeland (1 comment)
- Cash-strapped Copeland council writes off £500,000 in unpaid rates (2 comments)