County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- What's On Guide: August 28 to September 3
- Sarah’s Star Fund tops £8,000 in first year
- ‘Grow your own’ scheme to woo nursing recruits
- Developers shed light on solar park scheme (8 comments)
- Public meeting to air hospital concerns (1 comment)
- Bikers are on a mission to save NHS vital funds (1 comment)
- ‘We told you so!’ Firefighters’ crisis warning ‘proved right’ (11 comments)
- Family tell of devastation over mam’s hospital death
- Are councillors measuring up? (6 comments)
- Enjoy poet Kei’s ‘beautiful’ work