County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- ‘Best teacher of all time’ dies after cancer battle
- Whitehaven critic has his own critic (2 comments)
- Irene inspires with the great scrawl of China
- The Beatles, Sinatra and now Luke Yates!
- Celtic rue a tale of missed chances in league
- Committed youngsters part of two new football teams
- Bradd Crellin commits future to Haven
- Todd tells of West End magic
- Rollout of £7.6m street lights across Cumbria
- Pensioner's bus crash horror