County council says 'no' to repository search
Last updated at 15:02, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
CUMBRIA County Council cabinet’s has decided (7-3) not to proceed with the next stage of the repository process, which would have involved desktop geological studies.
Copeland Council’s Executive voted 6-1 in favour of going on to Stage 4 earlier today (Wednesday) but its vote was not enough.
The county’s “no” vote means the process is stopped in its tracks.
See The Whitehaven News - on sale tonight - for the full story.
First published at 13:34, Wednesday, 30 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
Have your say
Investment, jobs, better prospects, good future. Yet again the council shows how idiotic they are. What does it take for the old fossils to do something good for the area?
Make your comment
- Could Big Lottery bring back Civic? (1 comment)
- Academy principal replaced by deputy
- Weddicar Rigg windfarm hearing goes to High Court
- Reborn Beacon to reopen its doors
- Six guns stolen in farm raid
- £5m pledge to kick-start new campus
- Andrew’s huge challenge in memory of his brother
- Antique expert brings gavel to town
- Club smashes fundraising target
- Health staff in strike ballot