Celebrity Oz joins star line-up
Last updated at 13:49, Thursday, 20 February 2014
WINE connoisseur Oz Clarke is the latest star name who will appear at Whitehaven’s first Western Lakes Home and Garden Show in May.
By Sarah Robinson
The wine expert and TV personality will be hosting two wine-tasting talks on Friday, May 16, organisers have revealed.
The show on May 16 and 17 will also feature gardener, author and TV presenter Toby Buckland; Anna Ryder Richardson, of Changing Rooms fame; Gardeners’ Question Time’s Eric Robson, and two Whitehaven favourites in celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli and Coronation Street star turned cheese-maker Sean Wilson.
National companies B&Q and Screwfix will also be attending.
The event is one of a number taking place in Whitehaven this year, organised by Whitehaven Festival Company and sponsored by Nuclear Management Partners (NMP), including Whitehaven World War One Week (May 3 to 10), Whitehaven Live headlined by The Boomtown Rats (July 5), a Christmas fair and a tall ships visit.
Event organisers say due to an online error, tickets for the Whitehaven Live concert – also featuring The Stranglers and Big Country – are now being sold at Richardson’s of Whitehaven shop on Lowther Street. They cost £39.50.
All about Merlot – Gerard Richardson’s wine column, p55
First published at 11:12, Thursday, 20 February 2014
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Boy, 8, in roof fall drama
- Councillor’s dream is to give skatepark a new lift
- Stretching out the hand of friendship to Lebanese
- Say farewell to the YMCA
- Parents fined as pupils take unauthorised leave (6 comments)
- New N-waste plan ‘lacking in detail’ (1 comment)
- St Bees, Gosforth, Moor Row... the best of British! (1 comment)
- Rogues’ gallery for shopkeepers
- Beacon has a hand in puppet success
- Inquest hears of father’s troubled life
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)