Catch of the day!
Published at 11:41, Thursday, 29 November 2012
A SMALL shark was the catch of the day for this labrador at Seascale beach.
Dog owner Davin Dhillon captured the moment 10-month-old Webber ran out of the waves with a bull huss, a species of catshark, during a walk on Tuesday.
Mr Dhillon, a freelancer photographer, said: “He came back with this – it looked like a little shark.
“I’m training him up to be a gun dog to retrieve birds but it’s strange that this is the first thing he’s caught!
“It was uncanny. I have never seen anything like that along the beach.”
Mr Dhillon, of Egremont, said he managed to distract Webber from playing with the shark. “I gave him a treat, put him on the lead and we left the shark to find its way back into the sea,” he added.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Rediscover Cumbria's war history
- Rita, 100, joins Rita, 100, for a party!
- Heroes spotlight falls on those close to us
- Fresh bid to fill 44 hospital vacancies (1 comment)
- A lesson in protest power
- PM ‘dodges’ question from Maddy, 10 (1 comment)
- Improvement in death rates, say health bosses
- Mums back campaign for maternity services (1 comment)
- Streets ‘pitch black’ for eight months (1 comment)
- MP tells Commons of ‘toxic distrust’
- WITH VIDEO: Dalton garage staff surprised as cheeky monkey checks in to refuel (51 comments)
- Man found dead in River Eden in Carlisle named
- ’It’s like living with a death sentence’
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton community centre more accessible after revamp
- Jacqui Smith out but did husband see?
- Dalton is named one of the best places for families
- Cumbria Police investigate burglary in Dalton
- Dalton man pleads not guilty to dangerous driving
- Dalton zoo owner denies allowing animals to escape