Catch of the day!
Published at 11:41, Thursday, 29 November 2012
A SMALL shark was the catch of the day for this labrador at Seascale beach.
Dog owner Davin Dhillon captured the moment 10-month-old Webber ran out of the waves with a bull huss, a species of catshark, during a walk on Tuesday.
Mr Dhillon, a freelancer photographer, said: “He came back with this – it looked like a little shark.
“I’m training him up to be a gun dog to retrieve birds but it’s strange that this is the first thing he’s caught!
“It was uncanny. I have never seen anything like that along the beach.”
Mr Dhillon, of Egremont, said he managed to distract Webber from playing with the shark. “I gave him a treat, put him on the lead and we left the shark to find its way back into the sea,” he added.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man stabbed in Whitehaven
- What's On Guide: July 2 to 8
- Beckermet Nursery Fun Day
- School Country Dance Event
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (48 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers (22 comments)
- Sorry, Carlisle United - but Knighton was right (2 comments)
- Soaring temperatures before thunder and rain hit Cumbria (9 comments)
- New £1.9m plan to reduce traffic on west Cumbria's roads (7 comments)