Catch of the day!
Published at 11:41, Thursday, 29 November 2012
A SMALL shark was the catch of the day for this labrador at Seascale beach.
Dog owner Davin Dhillon captured the moment 10-month-old Webber ran out of the waves with a bull huss, a species of catshark, during a walk on Tuesday.
Mr Dhillon, a freelancer photographer, said: “He came back with this – it looked like a little shark.
“I’m training him up to be a gun dog to retrieve birds but it’s strange that this is the first thing he’s caught!
“It was uncanny. I have never seen anything like that along the beach.”
Mr Dhillon, of Egremont, said he managed to distract Webber from playing with the shark. “I gave him a treat, put him on the lead and we left the shark to find its way back into the sea,” he added.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Supermarket beggar jailed
- Sounding a little tinny!
- Drunk burglar caught after leaving sock at the scene
- MP Reed - ‘This can not be a PR exercise’
- ‘We must get end of life care right’
- Adrian's aiming for the charts
- Meet our new top doc
- Cumbria appoints three new consultants (3 comments)
- Facebook group joins bid to re-opem Civic Hall
- ‘Move market’ urge town centre traders (4 comments)
- West Cumbrian distance learning firm opens Middle East office
- Year of success for Cumbria university's business interaction centre
- Gold medal for Brampton apprentice at national auto competition
- New hotel team is ready to push the business forward
- Scotland move for motorway services empire
- What is a grant of probate?
- Look ahead
- Herd instinct grips crowded ringside
- Andrew brings his skills and flair to the table
- Foreign growth secret to playground firm’s success
- Council dismisses call-in bid for £11m leisure centre project
- Cumbrian girl, 5, 'amazing' after life-changing surgery
- 999 crews sent to Carlisle crash
- Carlisle builder accused of breaching restraining order
- Planning chief turns against Barrow housing plans
- 'High risk' missing Cumbrian teenager found safe and well
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (19 comments)
- Police traffic warning ahead of Ulverston Dickensian Festival
- Salon robber jailed for more than seven years by Carlisle court
- Pub chain’s dream of 52-bed Barrow hotel unveiled