Catch of the day!
Published at 11:41, Thursday, 29 November 2012
A SMALL shark was the catch of the day for this labrador at Seascale beach.
Dog owner Davin Dhillon captured the moment 10-month-old Webber ran out of the waves with a bull huss, a species of catshark, during a walk on Tuesday.
Mr Dhillon, a freelancer photographer, said: “He came back with this – it looked like a little shark.
“I’m training him up to be a gun dog to retrieve birds but it’s strange that this is the first thing he’s caught!
“It was uncanny. I have never seen anything like that along the beach.”
Mr Dhillon, of Egremont, said he managed to distract Webber from playing with the shark. “I gave him a treat, put him on the lead and we left the shark to find its way back into the sea,” he added.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (19 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Infant airlifted to hospital following serious crash
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- Mum and children attacked in Carlisle park
- See the action on TV
- £1.7m price tag on Cumbrian politician's former home
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Fire in Cumbrian home
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue