Car flips on to its roof in Whitehaven crash
Last updated at 16:18, Friday, 01 February 2013
A YOUNG motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned.
A Vauxhall Corsa – being driven by a 17-year-old man – flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm on Thursday, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
First published at 16:42, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Luke’s date with Pixie - and Ed’s next
- Copy and pasted - row over mayor candidate's manifesto (41 comments)
- Thanks a lot, Muncaster!
- Gosforth's Dot is helping children after Nepal earthquake
- Gangs let dogs kill livestock
- Action taken on travellers
- Mayfield to move on to St Benedict’s site as school campus moves forward
- Pay dispute over homes leads builders to smash up walls
- Whitehaven Civic Hall to reopen (2 comments)
- Candidates quizzed on countryside issues
- Campaign against wind turbines is gaining pace (20 comments)
- South Lakes worker stole lottery tickets worth £4,000 to feed habit
- Lindal score emphatic win - bowls report and pics
- Centres facing chop are saved by Lakes charity
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Askam pile on the points
- St Benny’s stars shine in Cumbria cup