Car flips on to its roof in Whitehaven crash
Last updated at 16:18, Friday, 01 February 2013
A YOUNG motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned.
A Vauxhall Corsa – being driven by a 17-year-old man – flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm on Thursday, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
First published at 16:42, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Free parking plea to help Egremont businesses
- Experts trace Chris’s family roots to the White House
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- Come and support Sarah’s fundraiser
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (2 comments)
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (13 comments)
- ‘Whitehaven is a special place’ - wine guru Oz Clarke
- Nicky Clarke: From Hollywood to our harbourside
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (130 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Action to tackle starling problem in Carlisle city centre (24 comments)