Car flips on to its roof in Whitehaven crash
Last updated at 16:18, Friday, 01 February 2013
A YOUNG motorist had a lucky escape after his car dramatically overturned.
A Vauxhall Corsa – being driven by a 17-year-old man – flipped onto its roof on Cleator Moor Road, close to the entrance to Whitehaven School.
The incident happened at 3.10pm on Thursday, just before the school finished, and neither the driver nor any passers-by were hurt in the incident.
The road was partially closed as the emergency services worked to clear the scene, on the junction of Cleator Moor Road and Queens Close.
Engineers also attended to make the scene safe as the car had struck an electricity box.
First published at 16:42, Thursday, 31 January 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- What's On Guide: June 25 to July 1
- Whitehaven Film Festival 2015
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Protest March
- Whitehaven Motor Show
- Former Copeland Council leader Elaine Woodburn honoured by the Queen (20 comments)
- Controversial windfarm given the go-ahead (1 comment)
- BBC Philharmonic Orchestra at Whitehaven Sports Centre
- Park in memory of Kieran moves closer
- Call for ‘seagull proof’ bags to clean up town (8 comments)