Anne becomes uni's new visiting professor
Published at 10:33, Monday, 30 April 2012
A WHITEHAVEN woman has been appointed as visiting professor at Buckinghamshire New University.
Anne Eden, neé Johnson, is from Bransty and a former pupil of St Begh’s, St Benedict’s and Whitehaven Grammar School.
She said: “It’s a huge privilege to have been invited to take up this professorial role in the university’s Faculty of Health and Society.
“My sincere thanks go to the local schools where I gained an excellent educational grounding and my ever-supportive Cumbrian family.”
Anne is the chief executive officer of Buckinghamshire NHS Trust – comprising seven hospitals and community services and home to the world-famous National Spinal Injuries Centre at Stoke Mandeville.
A former NHS management trainee, Anne’s career has spanned 30 years including senior roles in London and voluntary work in emerging Eastern European countries.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- N-waste site: the search resumes (4 comments)
- Queen’s tribute to golden couple
- Hospital deluged with jellyfish incidents
- Whitehaven parking charges get go-ahead (6 comments)
- Hopes of new post office for village
- Events to mark World War One centenary
- Kells Infants ‘outstanding’ says Ofsted (1 comment)
- ‘This will NOT be a cottage hospital’ says Trust chief (1 comment)
- Samaritans need your help - or face closure
- Council to shut recycling centre (4 comments)
- Lake District hotel looks to lake for future energy needs
- Carlisle restaurant named one of UK's top curry houses
- Surge in half-year profits for bakery chain Greggs
- Future of Barrow nuclear waste terminal under scrutiny
- First contract for Cumbria nuclear plant up for tender
- Opportunities with GSK plan
- Teaching graduates take the direct route to the classroom
- Extra English and maths tuition all adds up for children
- Decision due on Barrow coffee and sandwich shops
- Golden opportunity to get fit in workplace challenge
- Police seize suspected drugs haul at Kendal Calling music festival
- Tesco reviewing plans for superstore at Morton in Carlisle
- Ambleside Sports
- Ulverston lasagne-throwing attacker sent to prison
- Barrow domestic abuse victim tells how she is rebuilding her life
- Cumbria council workers set to strike over pay
- New Cumbria police boss vows to focus on frontline
- Cumbria families’ fears over mental health needs
- Big retailers want to cash in on Carlisle
- Work starts on £75,000 Carlisle play area revamp