Acclaimed show heads to Whitehaven Library
Published at 12:03, Thursday, 03 April 2014
A WAR story involving friendship, fighting and solidarity is to be performed at Whitehaven Library.
Theatre by the Lake’s production of Not About Heroes will head to the venue on Thursday, April 10, at 7.30pm.
Stephen MacDonald’s acclaimed play tells the tale of the friendship between poets Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon against the backdrop of the events of World War One.
The play is directed by Jez Pike, who received plaudits for his production of Neil LaBute’s The Shape of Things in the Theatre by the Lake 2013 summer season.
Tickets for Not About Heroes at Whitehaven Library are priced at £10 ( concessions £7.50) and can be booked by calling 017687 74411 or paying by cash at Whitehaven Library.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Alan Wills top scores at Northern Championship
- Awards evening marks 40 years of martial arts
- Kart star Jonny is Vegas bound
- Haven coach hails Stephen Fox’s return
- Mum knows value of local services
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (4 comments)
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (2 comments)
- Mission to lure tourists to Cumbria from China
- Wine festival drums up business for Cumbrian pub
- New managing director announced for Sellafield
- College focuses on honing science skills for industry
- Teen forges metalwork role
- Findings give GSK healthy lead in access to medicines
- New Sellafield boss has ‘unrivalled knowledge’
- First job as cook paved way for a cottage industry
- Hotspots for employment
- Firms win new fans through backing for football club site
- Operation to help stricken boat off Cumbrian coast
- X Factor winner Matt Cardle and a host of stars shine at biggest Barrow Christmas Lights Switch On (1 comment)
- Firefighters extinguished Barrow flat blaze in the early hours
- Police appeal after rider knocked off moped in Barrow
- Knifeman who made threats to kill lover jailed by Carlisle court
- Police hunt for 'high risk' missing Cumbrian teenager
- Cyclist needed stitches after Cumbria collision
- Carlisle singer's group voted out of X Factor
- Fell runner attacked by man with stick in Cumbria
- Hospital services fight song for sale on iTunes