Netherhall claim first win
Published at 19:41, Thursday, 01 May 2008
NETHERHALL, last season’s County Cup winners, gained their first win of the division one season.
They beat Silloth 2-1 with goals from Kevin Henderson and a second half strike from Bobby Burton after Andrew Harrison had equalised.
Frizington’s clash with St Bede’s ended 3-3 thanks to a dramatic last-minute goal from Frizington’s Brian Bowes.
Grasslot, last year’ division one champions have started the season strongly and continued that form with a 3-0 win over Bush with goals from Mike Dempsey, Phil Graham and James Routledge.
In division two there was a rare goalless draw, Hall Park Hotel and Bluebell sharing the points after a last minute save by stand-in Hall Park keeper Tony Stagg.
There were plenty of goals however when Frostoms went down 6-1 at home to Globe Hotel. Simon Rickerby (3), Mike Davies, Rob Bowen and Mark Walton were on target for the Cockermouth side and David Christiansen scored a Frostoms’ consolation. (See back page story on Frostoms)
Whitehaven were 3-1 winners at Penrith and Howard's beat Moresby 4-3 at home.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Hundreds of mourners hear the touching tributes to Danica, 15 (2 comments)
- Planning applications
- Millom cement second place
- Let’s cut to the chase: Whitehaven is dying and action must be taken
- Fraudsters jailed after appeal
- Mixed fortunes for West Cumbria’s rugby union starlets
- Humane Society award for quick thinking Audrey
- Cleator Moor boxers come out fighting
- Plaque celebrates life and work of poet Tom
- The lady in the lake
- Civic to re-open and new toilets? (8 comments)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (4 comments)
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (2 comments)
- Man killed in A595 crash named
- ‘You can’t imagine how good it felt’
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (86 comments)
- Driver’s anger over police decision not to prosecute
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)