More mortgages available
Last updated at 15:17, Friday, 12 October 2012
The housing market is expected to see a stronger end to the year thanks to the prospect of greater mortgage availability on the back of recent Government initiatives, a survey of estate agents revealed this week.
Chartered surveyors’ expectations for future sales reached their highest level in September for more than two years, the RICS UK housing market survey said, as a net balance of 26 per cent more respondents predicted sales to grow in the last quarter of the year.
This cautious optimism was also reflected in surveyors’ price predictions, with nine per cent more respondents expecting prices to fall over the coming three months. While still in negative territory, this is the most positive reading since the time of the expiry of March’s stamp duty holiday, RICS said.
Last month, prices in the UK housing market continued to fall, albeit at a slower pace than in previous months. Demand from potential buyers remained stable in most parts of the country with four per cent more surveyors across the UK seeing increases in new buyer enquiries.
First published at 13:55, Friday, 12 October 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Clean-up mission needed for pond
- Man caught with child porn images
- Huntsman: The great betrayal
- Egremont continue title surge
- Nearly 100 getting back to fitness among friends
- Fell meat... direct from farm to your table
- Cycling event will put town on map
- Cumbrian council chiefs under fire over farming and tourism
- You’re hired: partnership secures apprentice training
- Beehive memories
- Cap’n Senny’s to shut and become flats (11 comments)
- Unions slam health bosses for "betraying community" (6 comments)
- What now for Whitehaven's old Woolies store? (15 comments)
- Council sets out stall for Market Hall’s future (2 comments)
- Cyclists get on their bikes in memory of David
- Roper Street residents plagued by rats (1 comment)
- Help to decide councillors' allowances (5 comments)
- Egremont Crab Fair 2014
- Pensioner injured in town centre bus crash
- Family asks: have we been sold a pup? (15 comments)