Man dies in fatal collision
Last updated at 10:31, Monday, 10 January 2011
POLICE have named a man who died after being involved in a road traffic collision.
The incident occurred at around 5.15pm on Saturday on the A595 near Broadgate, Thwaites.
Krish Gooranah, 25, was driving a white Volkswagen Golf which left the road down an embankment before hitting a tree.
Mr Gooranah was from Mauritius but had been living and working in Barrow as a physiotherapist.
An Inquest into Mr Gooranah’s death is expected to be opened by HM Coroner for West Cumbria later today.
The road was closed for around two hours with diversions put in place but police say there was no major disruption to traffic.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact PC Andy Laverack of the Western Roads Policing Unit on 0845 33 00 247.
First published at 10:22, Sunday, 09 January 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Hundreds of mourners hear the touching tributes to Danica, 15 (2 comments)
- Planning applications
- Fraudsters jailed after appeal
- Millom cement second place
- Let’s cut to the chase: Whitehaven is dying and action must be taken
- Link to famous newspaper editor is right up their street
- Mixed fortunes for West Cumbria’s rugby union starlets
- Humane Society award for quick thinking Audrey
- Cleator Moor boxers come out fighting
- Plaque celebrates life and work of poet Tom
- Civic to re-open and new toilets? (8 comments)
- Rejected - plans for 79 Cleator homes denied (4 comments)
- Hotel charges Whitehaven couple £100 for bad review (2 comments)
- Man killed in A595 crash named
- ‘You can’t imagine how good it felt’
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (86 comments)
- Driver’s anger over police decision not to prosecute
- GPs ‘deeply concerned’ by hospital
- Fight goes on despite office block refusal
- MP criticises selection of staff chosen for review team (1 comment)