Inquest verdict into death of singer Mick Hucknall’s Cumbrian cousin
Last updated at 14:55, Thursday, 31 March 2011
An inquest has concluded into the death of the 10-year-old Cumbrian cousin of Simply Red singer Mick Hucknall.
Harry Hucknall was found hanged in the bedroom of his home in Dalton-in-Furness last year.
Police later appealed for information after local reports suggested the youngster may have been the victim of bullying.
Harry’s mother, Jane White, later described her son as a “loving, energetic, adventurous boy”.
Harry was a twice-removed cousin of singer Hucknall, the frontman for 1990s chart-toppers Simply Red.
The boy’s mother, who is separated from Harry’s father, Darren Hucknall, became concerned when he locked himself in his room for 45 minutes on September 19.
She asked neighbours Graham and Linda Halton for help and it was Mr Halton who made the grim discovery after putting ladders up to the bedroom window.
South and east Cumbria coroner Ian Smith today ruled Harry died as a result of his own actions without understanding their true consequences.
Harry was a pupil at George Romney School in Dalton-in-Furness.
First published at 11:29, Thursday, 31 March 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man ‘sorry’ for club incident (9 comments)
- ‘No regrets’ - trader Carla takes matters into her own hands (13 comments)
- Whitehaven is one of the safest places to live (5 comments)
- Double child rape charge
- Extra bobby on the beat (1 comment)
- ‘When I was finally diagnosed, it was a weight off my shoulders’
- Who foots blaze bill? (2 comments)
- Jamie Reed's election rivals named (2 comments)
- Iconic memorial poppies to come to Whitehaven? (3 comments)
- Town councillor resigns after two meetings (3 comments)