Youth theatre bring Hollywood classic to life
Last updated at 09:23, Thursday, 14 February 2013
ONE of Hollywood’s finest family musicals, Meet Me in St Louis, is being performed by Rosehill Youth Theatre this week.
The original 1944 film starred Judy Garland, directed by her husband-to-be Vincent Minnelli, and includes fabulous numbers such as The Trolley Song, Meet Me in St Louis and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Set in 1903 St Louis, it is the story of a girl falling in love with the boy next door.
The performances are held at Rosehill Theatre until Saturday, February 16 (matinee, 2.30pm). Tickets are £8 for adults and £6 concessions. They are available from Rosehill on 01946 692422 or www.rosehilltheatre.co.uk.
The cast: Alonso Smith, Charlie Noctor; Anna Smith, Charlotte Kelly; Lon Smith, Jack Riley; Rose Smith, Victoria Chester; Esther Smith, Evie Rusman; Agnes Smith, Ellie Vine; Tootie Smith, Teigan Payne, Grandpa, Jordan Hawkins; Katie, Megan Smith; John Truitt, Patrick Clarke; Warren Sheffield, Jake McNicholas; Lucille Ballard, Rebecca Crellen; Eve/postman/motorman Rachel Carter.
Chorus: Teagan Armellino, Heidi Blaylock, Rachel Carter, Darci Crellen, Rebecca Crellin, Canryn Chisholm-Gunn, Nisha Garcher, Bethany Hackett, Teagan Hall, Dana Hawkins, Angel Holliday, Erin Howland, Mia Howland, Casey Pears and Toby Vine.
The show is directed by Ann Kelly with choreography by Jackie Knowles.
First published at 09:31, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Man ‘sorry’ for club incident (9 comments)
- ‘No regrets’ - trader Carla takes matters into her own hands (14 comments)
- Whitehaven is one of the safest places to live (5 comments)
- Double child rape charge
- Extra bobby on the beat (1 comment)
- ‘When I was finally diagnosed, it was a weight off my shoulders’
- Who foots blaze bill? (2 comments)
- Jamie Reed's election rivals named (2 comments)
- Iconic memorial poppies to come to Whitehaven? (3 comments)
- Town councillor resigns after two meetings (3 comments)