Young talent showcase raises grand total for hospital friends
Published at 11:10, Thursday, 27 October 2011
AN annual showcase of young talent has raised £3,000 for charity.
Angels, organised by Whitehaven woman Jackie Eve and her friend Brenda Holliday, was held in Workington’s Carnegie Theatre on October 16. The proceeds were donated to The Maryport Victoria Cottage Hospital’s League of Friends.
On the bill were the talented Cameron Mason with his intriguing magic show; the musical world of Zoe McSorley, plus performances from StagedRight Youth Theatre and The Lakeland Studio of Dance.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- RLFC crew is sent packing!
- Man killed in A595 crash named
- The Cuts: And Disabled Children
- Runner Gillian helps give families a break
- Help our sons get education they deserve
- Respite centre cash pours in thanks to appeal
- Simply splashing! Dawn pulls off kayak challenge
- Dawn’s hair-raising stunt helps disabled children
- Cape help to give local charity a break
- Good idea takes root
- Restrictions aim to tackle parking and road safety in Whitehaven (3 comments)
- Jake, 2, will be 'dearly missed' by devastated family
- 'I had to quit West Cumberland Hospital, but I deeply regret it' (6 comments)
- Caged for ‘horrific’ sex attack on teenage boys
- Man found dead in wood by his wife, inquest told
- Sellafield tops ratepayers list (1 comment)
- Retired teachers vow - ‘We’ll work for free to save St Bees’
- Bransty's Beth is going Gaga for global superstar (1 comment)
- Breaking news: St Bees School to close down (36 comments)
- Man, 43, killed himself