THE Prime Minister has been told that Nuclear Management Partners should lose its lucrative contract to run Sellafield if it can’t keep its promises on community support. (13 comments)
- Families cut back on food and heating
- Jacqui’s swept off her feet!
- New Cumbria County Council cabinet announced
- Plans made to stop using Ennerdale as water source (3 comments)
- Ministry wants views on N-waste process (2 comments)
- Seven deaths at north Cumbria hospitals linked to superbug
- Exciting first week for new mayor Geoff
- Sex videos blackmail warning from Cumbria police
MORE than 1,000 children and hundreds more well-wishers are expected to line the streets of Whitehaven next week for the Homecoming Parade.
Town centre cycle racing came to Whitehaven for the first time in May 1989 with a series of five races organised by Velo Club Cumbria.
Despite torrential rain there was a huge turn out for the annual West Cumbria Scout Fellowship fun run in Ennerdale. More than 800 scouts, guides, cubs and brownies took part in May 1989.
CLICK HERE FOR A ROUND-UP OF ALL THIS WEEK'S NEWS: NEWS ROUND-UP
All Whitehaven's Co-operative Championship and Challenge Cup fixtures and results for 2013.
THE carnivals of yesteryear were certainly lavish affairs. Take a step back in time and look at some images from the 1920s and 1930s that demonstrate how the crowds turned out for this annual highlight of the summer months