A 59-year-old man has been found guilty of sexually abusing a schoolgirl.
- 'Work in Carlisle or lose your jobs' (9 comments)
- St Bees lifeboat called to yacht stranded in thick fog
- Inquiry after tickets to see Lee Evans live in Cumbria for sale on internet for £126
- Partners in talks on reviving Civic Hall (3 comments)
- Deer cull protestors demand information
- Department to consider mayor vote delay (2 comments)
- N-plant ‘shutdown’ leads to an inquiry
- Truant’s parents are fined
- New employer partner for county’s UTC announced
This month has seen a milestone in our 162-year history as we changed the format of our print edition from a broadsheet to compact.
THE Dakota – one of the world’s most famous military aircraft – will take to the skies above Whitehaven in May.
YOUR questions about the referendum for an elected mayor answered.
Pupils from St Begh's, Lamplugh, Jericho, Hensingham, Bransty and Arlecdon Schools along with tots from Tamalder Child Care had fun dressing up as characters from their favourite books on World Book Day.
Youngsters took part in fun Buddies sessions at Orgill School during school half term. View our slideshow and order prints from our photosales website www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures
CLICK HERE FOR A ROUND-UP OF ALL THIS WEEK'S NEWS: NEWS ROUND-UP
All Whitehaven's Co-operative Championship and Challenge Cup fixtures and results for 2014.
THE carnivals of yesteryear were certainly lavish affairs. Take a step back in time and look at some images from the 1920s and 1930s that demonstrate how the crowds turned out for this annual highlight of the summer months