Come and be our guest!
Published at 11:28, Thursday, 22 November 2012
PERFORMERS from Stagestars will say ‘Be Our Guest’ to audiences at Whitehaven Civic Hall this weekend.
Talented young people from the performance school will bring the classic tale Beauty and the Beast to life, featuring memorable moves and classic songs.
The cast are made up of those who attend Stagestars’ weekly classes, from two- to 16-year-olds, with the shows split between the younger and older cast members.
The lead roles for the older performers are being taken by Sophia Brenan and Danielle Littleton.
The house servants are Cassie McCluskey, Josie Horner, Hannah Burns, Asha Dempster, Rebecca Cherry, Kali Morton and Maddie Wood, while the show’s comedy parts are played by Tia Kearney-White, Mia Ball, Tegan Kirkbride and Beth and Mel Bewsher.
The younger cast, who will perform on Saturday night, features David Atkinson, Tuqiri Blackwell and Shannon Cherry as the junior leads.
They are joined by house servants Taya Dunn, Abby Hodgson, Keira Morton, Natalie Halcrow, Mia Whitelock and Megan Dempster, with Georgia Henderson and Mae Branthwaite as solo ballerinas.
The ensemble is made up of the school’s pupils aged between two and 12, including Stagestars’ principal Charlotte McGarry’s niece, Ruby-Anne Lightfoot, who has travelled from Australia to take part in the show.
The show takes place on Saturday (1.30pm and 6.30pm) and Sunday (1.30pm). Tickets are available from Yvonne’s in Whitehaven Market Place.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- Tracy regains her seat with Burnetts office
- New neurology vacancies
- Delight as university wins praise
- Rotary Club of Whitehaven
- Dance festival happy to wave hello to future at a new home
- ‘Lost’ Memorial of Sandwith
- THE NUCLEAR WASTE DEBATE
- Dippers to make a splash again for good causes
- St Benedict's students sparkle at science event
- What's On Guide: January 22 to 28
- Blaze delays West Cumberland Hospital handover (2 comments)
- Investors eye cinema site (11 comments)
- Thousands of homes in nuclear evacuation zone (4 comments)
- Egremont homeless hostel given the go-ahead (13 comments)
- Tribute to British Legion stalwart killed in road crash
- Whitehaven’s heading back to the future (3 comments)
- Ex-soldier strangled partner until she passed out, Carlisle court told
- ‘People will die’ - Fury as coastguard HQ to move (10 comments)
- Plans lodged to demolish Cap'n Senny's
- New principal pledges to ‘maximise potential’