Anthony’s big screen dreams
Published at 11:29, Thursday, 22 November 2012
A LIFELONG movie fan has achieved his ambition of releasing his debut film.
Anthony Farren, of Holmrook, has just put the finishing touches to dark comedy Kenneth and the hope is that it will be picked up by a number of film festivals to earn it a worldwide audience.
“It’s ready now for the festivals and we have started to apply to a wide range of them,” said Sellafield worker Anthony, 32.
“Hopefully we’ll get the film out there, it’ll get good reviews and I can build on its success for future projects.”
Anthony has been working on Kenneth – billed as a film about love, friendship and an invisible ear goblin – for a number of years while saving the £10,000 it has taken to finance it.
He co-wrote the script with a friend from the North East, Oliver Semple, and managed to get the whole cast and crew – around 60 in total from all over the world – to work for free, the benefit being they get a film credit for their CV.
With Anthony as director and Oliver as producer, Kenneth was filmed in York and stars Duncan Casey, who has appeared in new James Bond movie Skyfall as well as Snow White and the Hunstman, as the title character. It is released through Monster Films.
“Duncan had small parts in those films, but he’s the lead in this and he was absolutely excellent in the role,”said Anthony.
The films tells the story of Kenneth, who’s life isn’t going according to plan. He’s just been fired from his job, his girlfriend Kim is acting really strangely and, to top it all, a strange green creature that only he can see has just crawled out of his head and seems hell bent on making things difficult for him.
Anthony’s next film project, Unloveable, is an adventure comedy set in Cumbria, and if Kenneth is the success he hopes it will be, it won’t be long before the follow-up is given the go-ahead.
Published by http://www.whitehavennews.co.uk
- New build work causes a landslide nextdoor
- Community rallies behind flash flood victims
- Cumbrian swimmer makes a splash
- The quiet genius from Greenbank
- Dad jailed for neglect
- Power restored after explosion under Cumbrian street
- Pru Jupe (Lib Dem candidate)
- Divers check safety of homes (1 comment)
- Diamond Jubilee 2012
- Family's four year nightmare living next to rat-infested empty house
- Major Whitehaven roadworks ahead (4 comments)
- Dad jailed for neglect
- £100k scratchcard win for delighted mum Carol, 41 (2 comments)
- Cheaper fuel bills – thanks to mines (3 comments)
- Daily struggles leave Dawn desperate for vital support
- Temporary stop in bus station work (5 comments)
- 92 homes on cards for Kangol site (1 comment)
- Don’t take Tom’s lifeline say parents
- Nicola awaits the next call from BGT...
- £1,000 bonus for Sellafield workers (18 comments)