IT’S almost 10 years since The Whitehaven News’ Don’t Move Our Mums campaign – and now West Cumberland Hospital’s maternity department is under threat again. (1 comment)
- Lorry crash closes railway line in Cumbria
- Albion Square celebrates official opening
- The last mayor of Whitehaven
- West Cumbrian winners celebrate at CN Group Business Awards (1 comment)
- Expert leading review previously called for smaller units to close (5 comments)
- Call for new inquiry over Pow Beck fiasco (1 comment)
- Empty spaces in Whitehaven's multi-storey, but there's nowhere to park (9 comments)
- Curator Harry helped bring Beilby Goblet to Whitehaven
A former Cleator mum faces jail after stabbing her partner following an arguments, two pages on the stunning Wasdale Show, a contractor has been appointed as West Cumbria Mining want to drill test holes along town's coast, two nurses with more than 80 years' service to the NHS retire.
Family fun at the American Wrestling show held in Whitehaven Sports Centre. See this weeks Whitehaven News for full coverage. View and order prints from our photosales website www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures.
A good time was had in the warm autumn sunshine at Wasdale Show on Saturday October 11. View our slideshow and order prints from www.whitehaven-news.co.uk/pictures
CLICK HERE FOR A ROUND-UP OF ALL THIS WEEK'S NEWS: NEWS ROUND-UP
Double delight for Kella in the Cumberland ARL, Prudence is showing signs of returning to her best after illness, Whitehaven RU win away for the first time in 16 months, Egremont also enjoy success and a picture special from Wasdale Show.
All Whitehaven's Co-operative Championship and Challenge Cup fixtures and results for 2014.
THE carnivals of yesteryear were certainly lavish affairs. Take a step back in time and look at some images from the 1920s and 1930s that demonstrate how the crowds turned out for this annual highlight of the summer months